NEWS&NOTICE
Subject Hanwha Ocean delivers new LNG Carrier to Greece’s Maran Gas
Reg. date 2024-09-20 Views 3

72770b3f90d75b3e9f8b23540be6b57a_1726798

[LNG Prime/ September 19, 2024] Greece’s Maran Gas, the gas shipping unit of Angelicoussis, has added one more newly built liquefied natural gas carrier to its large LNG fleet.

South Korea’s Hnawha Ocean delivered the 174,000-cbm LNG carrier, Maran Gas Kimolo, on September 10, according to a social media post by Angelicoussis.

The shipping group led by Maria Angelicoussis said Kimolos is the first in a series of 11 newbuilding LNG carriers on order with Hanwha Ocean to be delivered gradually between 2024 and 2027.

This latest series incorporates MGM’s ME-GI “Generation 3” specification, incorporating experience from 13 vessels already in service with the MAN ME-GI propulsion system, an evolving and continuously improving design, it said.

“MAN ME-GI propulsion engines have the lowest gas consumption and negligible level of methane slip among all dual-fuel LNG engines available,” Angelicoussis said.

In November 2021, Maran Gas ordered this LNG carrier and another vessel at Hanwha Ocean, previously known as DSME. The order is worth about $411 million or close to $206 million per vessel. 

Maran Gas has 46 ships under management and 12 vessels on order, its website shows. Before this delivery, Maran Gas welcomed the 174,000-cbm LNG carriers, Maran Gas Nice and Maran Gas Antibes, into its fleet. These vessels serve France’s TotalEnergies under charter deals.